Delight in Killary Harbour's wild beauty, unearth Irish folklore at Castlestrange Stone, experience Dublin's vibrant atmosphere. Divided into regions for easy travel planning, the guide offers suggestions for what to see and do in Ireland, details short excursions and extended driving tours, and presents in-depth features on art, culture and history. You'll also find recommendations for the best places to eat and stay. With plenty of colour photos and maps, the Michelin Green Guide Ireland is the only guide you'll need.
- * Attractions reviewed and rated, using Michelin's renowned star-rating system.
- * Explore the Shannon Valley by car and discover the attractive seaside resort Youghal by foot: Michelin walking and driving tours offer a more in-depth, personal experience of the country.
- * Comprehensive illustrated sections on modern-day Ireland, its art, history and culture, all written by experts in their fields, and covering everything from peat harvesting at Inishowen to Yeats' country at Sligo.
- * Sidebars throughout the guide focus on such intriguing topics as horse racing at Curragh, Co. Kildare, and early monastic sites.
- * Walk-throughs of major museums, galleries, churches and attractions; includes illustrations and floor plans.
- * Detailed visitor information given for every attraction, including opening hours, tour times, entry fees, phone, website. Michelin area & city maps.
- * Includes recommendations for great places to eat/stay for all budgets.