Author(s): Tim Lihoreau; Sam Jackson
The Classic FM Music Box is the perfect introduction to the classical world for music lovers of all ages. Far from a stuffy, academic work, this entertaining book features brightly coloured, hand-drawn illustrations and concealed buttons that play short bursts of iconic pieces of music.
The book is arranged by era, from the Renaissance to the twentieth century. Each era will have an overview followed by profiles of significant composers and their works. Young readers will be introduced to the genius of artists such as Mozart, Beethoven, Liszt, Rachmaninov, Verdi, and Schubert.
The Classic FM Music Box is packed with fun facts that will capture its readers' interest. For example, did you know that nineteenth-century piano composer Franz Liszt was the first pop star? His female fans used to swoon when he started to play.
The beautiful illustrations by Olivia Waller bring the subjects vividly to life, illustrating key moments, characters, and settings.
The front cover will be embedded with 10 soundchips which can be activated by hidden buttons. The sound clips will include short bursts from the most iconic compositions from each era, including:
- Vespers by Claudio Monteverdi
- The Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi
- The Bird Catcher's Aria from The Magic Flute by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Liebestr ume No. 3 by Liszt
- Beethoven's 5th Symphony
- Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No 2
- Swan Lake by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- The Planets by Gustav Holst
- La Donna e Mobile by Verdi
- Peter and the Wolf by Sergei Prokofiev